Welcome to Solihull Council’s online insurance claim system
Before you StartPlease ensure that you provide information and documentation to support your claim. This will ensure we can process your claim as efficiently as possible. We may not be able to continue with your claim until this is received or your claim may be rejected.
If you are claiming for damage or injury as a result of a defect on a highway, footway or cycle way you must report it first using our Report a Pothole tool. This will ensure the defect can be assessed by the Council. Please ensure you add the reference number given to the ‘Council Information’ section of the form.
If you are a tenant claiming for damage to property or an injury within property or land managed by Solihull Community Housing Ltd you must report the defect to them first. You can then return to completing this form. Please add the details of who you reported it to and any reference number to the ‘Council Information’ section of the form.
Below is a list of documents required for all claims submitted when completing this form:
- Photo of defect
- Photo of the defect in relation to a landmark, so we may identify the location accurately
- Map of the location of the defect
- Photo of the damage claimed
For claims where you have sustained damage to your vehicle such as a highway defect the following documentation will be required:
- An estimate for repair of the damage and/or repair invoice
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle
- Last MOT and servce record
For claims where you sustained damage to your property such as damage to your contents, the following documentation will be required:
- Photo of the damage
- Original purchase receipt(s)
- Estimates for repair or replacement items
For claims where you sustained a personal injury the following documentation will be required:
- Photo of injury (if available/appropriate)
- Documentary evidence from GP/hospital/ambulance service
Once you have the information required you can start your claim by pressing the button below;Start Claim >